It’s been said that you can lose weight by eating less and exercising more. But how do you know if you’re doing it right? Here are some ways to make sure you’re doing it right:
1. Make sure you’re eating enough calories. If you eat too few calories, you will not lose weight. You need to eat at least 1,200 calories per day for your body to burn fat. That may sound like a lot of food, but it’s really easy to get those calories from whole foods. Just try to eat five servings of vegetables and three servings of fruit per day.
2. Eat a balanced diet. It’s not just about calories; it’s also about what you’re eating. For example, if you’re eating a lot of processed foods, it won’t matter how many calories you’re eating because you’re not giving your body the nutrients it needs.
3. Drink lots of water. Your body is mostly made up of water. Water helps to flush out toxins in your body. It also helps to keep your body hydrated and healthy.
4. Get plenty of sleep. When you’re sleeping, your body repairs itself. This means that when you don’t get enough sleep, you won’t be able to repair damaged cells. If you don’t have enough energy to exercise, you won’t be able do anything to help your body repair itself.
5. Exercise regularly. This is one of the most important things you can do to help with weight loss. If you exercise regularly, your body will be able to burn fat faster.
6. Find an activity you enjoy. If you’re not enjoying your exercise, you won’t stick with it. The best way to find something you enjoy is to join a gym or go for a walk.
7. Take your vitamins. Taking a multivitamin can help to ensure you’re getting all of the nutrients you need.
8. Don’t skip meals. Skipping meals makes it hard for your body to burn fat as fuel. Instead, eat small meals throughout the day so your body doesn’t go into starvation mode.
9. Drink green tea. Green tea contains catechins that have been shown to increase your metabolism.
10. Stop eating junk food. Junk food is loaded with empty calories. It can give you a quick boost of energy, but it will also leave you feeling hungry again soon after.